OinoBox - Wine Subscription
Greek wine has been around for very very long. And, the time frame is constantly moving, further and further away from BC. In 2017 the archaeologists found evidence that the wine making in Greece has been a de facto for 6000 years BC, and, it is being discussed, did the Greeks make wine as early as and parallel with the Georgians...
The Greek wine history and traditions have been through endless turbulent ups and downs following the ancient times, but, are these modern decades writing a new history with a refound pride, know-how and specialization… and exploration of the country’s hundreds of indigenous grape varieties thriving in the mountain heights in the volcanic soils at the sea in the sun in the strong wind and with minimal rain… all factors catering for a setting of true, unique wines that all wine-curious should have the chance exploring.OinoBox is our new wine subscription plan with which we wish to offer you new exploring sips of Greece each month.
It will bring three different hand-selected bottles of organic, biodynamic or natural Greek wines from our artisan partner wineries directly to your doorstep, to taste contemporary wine on local Greek grapes as well as to uncork, in Scandinavia more unknown, big Greek appellation wines sip by sip in peace and quiet.
With the OinoBox you can save approximately 15-25% on the great bottles, compared to if you otherwise bought them via our web shop.What comes with the OinoBox?
- 3 different bottles from our Greek family winery partners all around Greece – from the cool heights North to the sunny windy islands South - matching the season. Usually you will find two whites or two reds and / or a rosé or an orange, but, not a sweet wine.
- A tailor-made Mediterranean recipe, matching the season and paired with one of the wines, created by our partner Chef, Georgios Baltzis.
- A QR code that links to a video on YouTube on each of the wine specs, where Maria W. B. Tsalapatis introduces you the wine, making a tasting experience possible at the comfort of your own space to dive deeper into the Greek notes.
- A Greek wine map with the region of the winery dotted down for you to sense where in the mountainous country you, with the wine, are.
- A Greek grape call-out card on each of the new grapes you will taste with the OinoBox, easy to collect and keep.
As a general thumb of rule, the OinoBox will be shipped around he 15th of each month.
How do I get the OinoBox?
Each OinoBox shipment is delivered with GLS or PostNord within the first week of the month. The delivery cost is included in the subscription plan.
What are the subscription plans?
We offer three types of subscription plans that are binding for 1, 3 or 6 months. The subscription renews automatically.
kr. 399 per month
kr. 379 per month
kr. 349 per month
Can I cancel the subscription?
To cancel your OinoBox subscription, you simply write us a notice anytime before the last Wednesday of the month from your last shipment.
For the rest of 2018 the OinoBox subscription service is only for clients residing Denmark and Sweden. In 2019 we will open up for more countries.
Month of October
For the month of October you will with the OinoBox wine-travel to Amyntaio in Macedonia, Ano Diakopto on the Peloponnese and Naoussa in Macedonia, receiving one white wine and two red wines on the local grapes, Assyriko, Mavro Kalavritino (Black of Kalavryta) and Xinomavro.
As to create a whiff of wine suspense, for new and present subscribers, we prefer not to include information on the specific wines. Though, if you prefer to know the details before subscribing, write us an email and we will send you the details of the wines momentarily.